Modern music’s evolution is intrinsically linked to the legendary Akai Professional MPC line – full-featured production and performance powerhouses that have spawned multiple genres and advanced countless existing ones. With a design often replicated but never surpassed, the Music Production Centre empowers users with an unrivalled workflow and a tangible, intuitive interface coupled with forward thinking, indemand functionality that sets the precedence for the industry standard. Don’t settle for an imitation, take control of your creative output with MPC.
NEW IN MPC
MPC returns, armed with reimagined functionality and retaining the core workflow ethos that defined it’s iconic reputation. So what’s new in MPC Live? Standalone functionality, an on-board rechargeable battery, audio track recording, clip launching, MPC 2.0 Software and much more. This isn’t just the next generation of MPCs, this is a turning point in self-contained creative capability.
MPC doesn’t just complement your workflow, it enhances it. With MPC Live the convenience of touchscreen control, full-featured functionality and standalone capability fuses with Akai Professional’s iconic velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB 16-pad format. The result? Immersive, self-contained production and performance solutions meticulously designed for unprecedented creative expression without limitation.
With the MPC Live, critical in-demand MPC functionality is available, surgically positioned with one goal in mind – ease of use and no-nonsense workflow enhancement. 4 touch sensitive controls and a large data encoder seamlessly map to critical parameters. 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive RBG pads grant uncompromised response for full expressive range. MPC mainstays including Note Repeat, Full Level, 16 Levels and dedicated Transport Controls complete the MPC Live’s arsenal of control options, providing core performance and production functionality.
The MPC Live’s unmatched versatility conquers the dividing line between production and performance. Fusing a road-tested compact footprint, full-featured creative capability and an on-board rechargeable Lithium-ION battery, MPC Live presents a refined workflow that inspires immediate creative results whist seamlessly revolutionising the create anywhere philosophy.
HIGH DEFINITION MULTI-TOUCH CONTROL
Discover MPC and experience unrestricted tactile control at your fingertips. It’s capacitive 7-inch multitouch full colour screen and adaptive UI seamlessly adapts to MPCs menu functions in crystal clear highdefinition - grab, pinch & edit waveforms, draw MIDI events, program the step sequencer, browse & load samples, apply FX, precisely set critical mix controls and much more, all using the intuitive ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets.
Whether you prefer working in the box or dream of a truly unleashed production experience, MPC Live effortlessly transforms from a formidable standalone production centre to a high-powered MIDI controller. Natively powering MPC in standalone mode is MPC 2.0 Software, fully loaded with critical in-demand production and performance capability. Connect MPC live to your Mac or PC, load MPC software as a plugin into your DAW of choice - or as a standalone application - and harness the undeniable power and creative scope of VST-instruments and effects. Whatever your preference, MPC Live redefines expectations for control, seamlessly accommodating the most stringent of needs with ease.
INFINITE SOUNDS, UNLIMITED INSPIRATION
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC Live is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class content, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from leading sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, TOOLROOM, CR2 Records, Loopmasters as well as our own meticulously crafted sounds.
STORAGE & CONNECTIVITY
As standard MPC Live ships with 16GB of internal Micro SD storage. Seeking to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC Live features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing expanded storage via SSD or HDD hard drives. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive. Whether your seeking an ultra-reliable performance centrepiece or a production-centric powerhouse, the MPC Live assimilates seamlessly into existing setups courtesy of a plethora of conveniently located inputs and outputs. 6 balanced outputs connect to monitors, recording devices and mixers. RCA inputs with a dedicated ground accommodate turntables for unlimited sampling potential while two ¼-inch balanced inputs cater for mixer signals, synthesisers, drum machines and more. Monitor you mixes privately with the MPC Live’s on-board headphone output and take command of all your MIDI compatible devices with the MPC Live’s 1-in / 1-out MIDI interface. The MPC Live doesn’t just integrate with your setup, it forms the beating heart of it.
MPC LIVE HIGHLIGHTS
• Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
• 7-inch full-color multi-touch display
• Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
• Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
• Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack
• 6 configurable ¼” balanced jack outputs
• 1/8” headphone output
• 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more) • User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
• 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
• SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller modes is Akai Professional’s reimagined MPC 2.0 Software; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more. Whether you’re seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC 2.0 Software grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
Refine your flow and spark your creativity with Clip Programs in MPC 2.0 Software. Armed with an advanced real-time time-stretching / pitch shifting algorithm, and supporting Toggle/One Shot launch modes, loop-specific RGB pad colour configurations, automatic BPM detection and automatic tempo lock, MPC 2.0 Software’s clip launch functionality grants a truly inspirational production platform and an unleashed performance experience.
THE POWER OF AUDIO TRACKS
Capture, edit and mix up to 8 studio-grade resolution audio tracks in standalone mode, or expand your track limit to an immense 128 tracks in controller mode. Furnished with critical audio recording functionality - including multi-track capture, selectable monitoring options (Off, On & Auto), monitoring via effects, Punch In/Out Recording and Record Start options – MPC empowers producers, musicians and performers with core audio-capture and the convenience of full-featured standalone operation.
Now in MPC, cutting-edge audio editing capability fuses with intuitive gesture-based touch control thanks to an all-new suite of audio editing essentials. Combining Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee and Scissors tools, seamlessly edit audio with the rapid, tactile ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets. Take total-command of your audio with MPC 2.0 Software’s array of processing options – including Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust – and perfectly tailor your audio to your most stringent needs.
MPC 2.0 Software’s redesigned GUI offers a vastly improved creative experience that enhances MPC’s revered workflow. Combining a reimagined mixer layout outfitted with resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and much more, MPC 2.0 Software presents the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative versatility alongside must-have tools that deliver unprecedented surgical control.
MPC 2.0 SOFTWARE HIGHLIGHTS
• Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
• Compatible with Mac & PC - Works alone as your main DAW or seamlessly with your current DAW as a VST, AAX or AU plugin; available with MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black CREATE
• 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks
• 6 MPC Program Modes: • MPC Drum Program - MPC’s powerful drum sampler
• Clip Program - clip launch workflow built in to MPC, trigger loops
• CV Program (MPC X Only) - drive your external analogue gear
• Keygroup program - MPC’s instrument sampler
• VST/AU plugin - control any VST or AU (Controller Mode Only)
• MIDI Program - sequence your external MIDI gear
• Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, expandable up to 128 tracks in controller mode
• Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting – warp clips, samples and audio regions
• Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
• Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in EDIT
• Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools - Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee, Scissors, Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust
• MPC’s Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality - trim, chop and process your samples
• Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects - instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins in controller mode
• Global / Track automation – automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
• Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more •
Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support (up to 16 stereo outputs) and more PERFORM
• New Clip Program mode powered by MPC’s real-time warping algorithm
• Enhanced Q-Link functionality for precision control mapping of MPCs editable functions
• XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
• Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
• Selectable hardware outputs for seamless assimilation into multiple usage scenarios
• Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
• Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
• Full 64-bit support in all versions; standalone, VST and AU EXPAND
• MPC Expansion browser allows quick access to installed expansion packs
• Comes with 17+GB of high-quality expansion content
• Contemporary drum kits covering genres including Trap, Future House, EDM, Techno and more
• “Essential Instruments” - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs
• Compatible with the growing marketplace of Akai MPC expansions
• Supports user-generated expansion packs (using the MPC Expansion Builder)
The MPC Live includes a 2-in/6-out audio interface plus a MIDI interface with the following connectors:
• (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
• (6) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
• 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
• RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
• (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
• (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
• USB Type-A ports
• USB Type-B port
• SD card slot
• Power adapter input
|Product Code:||MPC Live|
JB's Music Store · 59 St. Johns Road · Tunbridge Wells · Kent · TN4 9TT · 01892 515007