Modern music’s evolution is intrinsically linked to the legendary Akai Professional MPC line – full-featured production and performance powerhouses that have spawned multiple genres and advanced countless existing ones. With a design often replicated but never surpassed, the Music Production Centre empowers users with an unrivalled workflow and a tangible, intuitive interface coupled with forward thinking, indemand functionality that sets the precedence for the industry standard. Don’t settle for an imitation, take control of your creative output with MPC.
NEW IN MPC
MPC returns, armed with reimagined functionality and retaining the core workflow ethos that defined it’s iconic reputation. So what’s new in MPC X? Standalone functionality, CV outputs, audio track recording, clip launching, MPC 2.0 Software and much more. This isn’t just the next generation of MPCs, this is a turning point in self-contained creative capability.
MPC doesn’t just complement your workflow, it enhances it. With MPC X the convenience of touchscreen control, full-featured functionality and standalone capability fuses with Akai Professional’s iconic velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB 16-pad format. The result? Immersive, self-contained production and performance solutions meticulously designed for unprecedented creative expression without limitation.
CONTROL EVOLVED Precision engineered to enhance your creative flow, the MPC X’s arsenal of hardware controls redefines the studio centrepiece standard. 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit RGB pads provide iconic MPC response, faithfully capturing every subtle nuance of your performance. 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree Q-Links with OLED displays seamlessly map to critical parameters, with user-selectable mapping functionality for a completely personalised experience. 66 buttons provide direct hardware access to all aspects of the user interface, catering for any workflow preference.
The MPC X forms the beating heart of your creativity, offering harmonious integration with your existing setup thanks to an ensemble of studio-grade inputs and outputs. 8 balanced outputs connect to virtually all peripheral studio equipment for uncompromised signal routing and monitoring capability. Plus, a combination of XLR, ¼-inch high-Z, balanced ¼-inch, and Turntable RCA inputs, plus switchable phantom power (+48v), direct hardware monitoring, interactive VU metering, dual ¼-inch & 1/8-inch headphone outputs and pristine high-resolution capture ensures rapid assimilation into your setup and an unprecedented production experience. #
RADIANT HIGH-DEFINITION DISPLAY Centre-stage on the MPC X is a high-definition, full colour 10.1-inch fully articulating multi-touch display, conveniently outfitted with 8 lockable positions. Immersive yourself in a world of intuitive gesture based control of your production on the largest screen ever fitted to an MPC to date.
FULLY-LOADED. VERSATILE Whether you prefer working in the box or dream of a truly unleashed production experience, MPC X effortlessly transforms from a formidable standalone production centre to a high-powered MIDI controller. Natively powering MPC in standalone mode is MPC 2.0 Software, fully loaded with critical in-demand production and performance capability. Connect MPC X to your Mac or PC, load MPC software as a plugin into your DAW of choice - or as a standalone application - and harness the undeniable power and creative scope of VST-instruments and effects. Whatever your preference, MPC X redefines expectations for control, seamlessly accommodating the most stringent of needs with ease.
EXPANDABLE STORAGE As standard MPC X ships with 16GB of internal Micro SD storage. Seeking to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC X features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing expanded storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
OUTBOARD CONTROL With MPC X, harnessing the power and of your modular systems, sound modules, drum machines and synthesisers couldn’t be easier. Fusing a raft of premium control sources, an on-board 2-in/4-out MIDI interface plus 8 configurable CV outputs, take control of your outboard equipment using MPC X’s unmatched sequencing capability. Plus, the MPC X’s 2 USB 2.0 inputs adds further customisation and workflow enhancements providing support for external keyboards, mice and generic USB MIDI devices.
INFINITE SOUNDS, UNLIMITED INSPIRATION The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC X is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class content, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from leading sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, TOOLROOM, CR2 Records, Loopmasters as well as our own meticulously crafted sounds.
MPC X HIGHLIGHTS
• Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
• 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
• Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 Software, compatible with Mac & PC
• 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Links controls with OLED displays
• 66 buttons for direct, hardware access to all aspects of MPC 2.0 Software
• 4 selectable inputs: 2 XLR / ¼” combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 1/4” TRS jacks, 2 instrument level, ¼” jacks, turntable RCA input with ground peg
• 8 outputs: balanced ¼” jack
• Dual ¼” and 1/8” headphone outputs
• 2 full-size MIDI inputs, 4 full-size MIDI Outputs
• 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs enabling the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more) • User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
• 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
• SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller modes is Akai Professional’s reimagined MPC 2.0 Software; a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more. Whether you’re seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC 2.0 Software grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
CLIP PROGRAMS Refine your flow and spark your creativity with Clip Programs in MPC 2.0 Software. Armed with an advanced real-time time-stretching / pitch shifting algorithm, and supporting Toggle/One Shot launch modes, loop-specific RGB pad colour configurations, automatic BPM detection and automatic tempo lock, MPC 2.0 Software’s clip launch functionality grants a truly inspirational production platform and an unleashed performance experience.
THE POWER OF AUDIO TRACKS Capture, edit and mix up to 8 studio-grade resolution audio tracks in standalone mode, or expand your track limit to an immense 128 tracks in controller mode. Furnished with critical audio recording functionality - including multi-track capture, selectable monitoring options (Off, On & Auto), monitoring via effects, Punch In/Out Recording and Record Start options – MPC empowers producers, musicians and performers with core audio-capture and the convenience of full-featured standalone operation.
Now in MPC, cutting-edge audio editing capability fuses with intuitive gesture-based touch control thanks to an all-new suite of audio editing essentials. Combining Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee and Scissors tools, seamlessly edit audio with the rapid, tactile ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets. Take total-command of your audio with MPC 2.0 Software’s array of processing options – including Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust – and perfectly tailor your audio to your most stringent needs.
MPC 2.0 Software’s redesigned GUI offers a vastly improved creative experience that enhances MPC’s revered workflow. Combining a reimagined mixer layout outfitted with resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and much more, MPC 2.0 Software presents the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative versatility alongside must-have tools that deliver unprecedented surgical control.
MPC 2.0 SOFTWARE HIGHLIGHTS OVERVIEW
• Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
• Compatible with Mac & PC - Works alone as your main DAW or seamlessly with your current DAW as a VST, AAX or AU plugin; available with MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black
• 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks
• 6 MPC Program Modes:
• MPC Drum Program - MPC’s powerful drum sampler
• Clip Program - clip launch workflow built in to MPC, trigger loops
• CV Program (MPC X Only) - drive your external analogue gear
• Keygroup program - MPC’s instrument sampler • VST/AU plugin - control any VST or AU (Controller Mode Only)
• MIDI Program - sequence your external MIDI gear
• Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, expandable up to 128 tracks in controller mode
• Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting – warp clips, samples and audio regions
• Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
• Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in EDIT
• Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools - Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee, Scissors, Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust
• MPC’s Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality - trim, chop and process your samples
• Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects - instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins in controller mode
• Global / Track automation – automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
• Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more
• Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support (up to 16 stereo outputs) and more
• New Clip Program mode powered by MPC’s real-time warping algorithm
• Enhanced Q-Link functionality for precision control mapping of MPCs editable functions ts for seamless assimilation into multiple usage scenarios
• Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
• Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
• Full 64-bit support in all versions; standalone, VST and AU
• MPC Expansion browser allows quick access to installed expansion packs
• Comes with 17+GB of high-quality expansion content
• Contemporary drum kits covering genres including Trap, Future House, EDM, Techno and more
• “Essential Instruments” - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs
• Compatible with the growing marketplace of Akai MPC expansions
• Supports user-generated expansion packs (using the MPC Expansion Builder)
MPC SOFTWARE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MAC: Dual-Core CPU, 2.5GHz or better and 4GB RAM (8GB Recommended)
WIN: Dual-Core CPU, 2.5GHz or better and 4GB RAM (8GB Recommended)
STORAGE: 2GB free space for MPC Software (Excluding content)
USER SUMMARY & TARGET DEMOGRAPHICS The primary target market for Akai Professional’s MPC X consists of music producers and studio professionals seeking a full-featured standalone production suite to achieve professional productions without compromising modern DAW-centric features and functionality. With the MPC X, the much-revered MPC workflow combines with onboard multicore processing power, providing this target market with a comprehensive means to compose, produce and mix their compositions in a fully-standalone environment. Combining revamped MPC Software offering clip launching technology & an expanded program consort, on-board CV outputs, an arsenal of MPC mainstays, an on-board expandable solid state hard drive and full functionality for the capture and editing of audio, MPC X provides music producers with a solution for full-featured production capability, suitable for all-genres.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HARDWARE - WHAT CONNECTORS DOES THE MPC X INCLUDE?
The MPC X includes a 4-in/8-out audio interface plus a MIDI interface with the following connectors:
• (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
• (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
• (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
• (2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
• (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
• (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
• (8) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/4–7/8: 4 stereo pairs)
• (4) 5-pin MIDI outputs
• (8) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
• 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
• 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
• USB Type-A ports
• USB Type-B port
• SD card slot
• power adapter input
CAN I RECORD AUDIO DIRECTLY INTO THE MPC X?
Yes, the MPC X features multiple studio-grade inputs which can be used to record audio signals directly to the internal storage in standalone mode or into MPC software in controller mode. CAN THE MPC X BE USED TO TRANSMIT MIDI? Yes, the MPC X can send and receive MIDI signals using the MIDI In and Outs situated on the rear of the unit; these can be used to trigger external synths, sound modules, sequencers and more.
WHAT GESTURES CAN BE USED TO CONTROL THE 10.1” COLOUR SCREEN ON THE MPC X?
The following gestures should be used
• Tap – to select a field
• Double-Tap – to edit in detail.
• Drag – to adjust and scroll
• Pinch – to zoom
DOES THE MPC X REQUIRE A POWER SUPPLY?
Yes, the MPC X requires use of the included power supply.
JB's Music Store · 59 St. Johns Road · Tunbridge Wells · Kent · TN4 9TT · 01892 515007